1/31/14

There is life after 70

Ten years ago, I entered my 70th year.

In 2004, anxious, I asked myself: is there life after 70? And begun a blog, in French answering yes, it is. The. Day by day, month by month, for ten years trying to prove it.

In a few month, I will be 80 and yes, I am again asking myself: what is ahead of me. But before going ahead, I decided to review the ups and downs of the last ten years. I hope, it will give confidence to all of you, weather you approach the seventies or not yet for a while. Perhaps, it will show also that we, oldies, are not so old inside and there is still a lot we can do and discover and change even.

We may have a knee that hurts, a leg that is not so good that the other, the eyes needing cataract operation and skin needing some surgeries. We may be looked at sometimes as, In my case 'a nice old lady' but we are also able to tell stories, shoot portraits, make others laugh: 'I am single? ready to mingle.'

5 years in Paris's suburb 5 years in London outskirts, I did live fully. Reviewing those years is the hope task goal of this blog.

Yes, there IS life after 70.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing post!
    You are such an incredible woman.
    There is Life inside you, in any age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And your photos are stunning! Are you also on Flickr ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Υes Julie i am on Flickr too.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50777853@N07/
      I read about you in "Συναντήσεις..." group,
      and for your trip to Greece.
      Unfortunately I can not be with the other members on Monday.
      I wish you to have an amazing time in our country.
      Kisses.

      Delete